With the rising popularity of online babysitting services over the past years, it’s easy to see how the Internet has completely changed the way parents are looking for their babysitters. For internet-savvy parents it’s an affordable and convenient way to find nannies , babysitters, even pet sitters right in their local area.
One of the common questions is how much to pay a babysitter. There are several factors you need to consider in order to come up with the answer.
The Factors Affecting Babysitting Rates
- Where you live at is something to be considered. For example if you live out in the country and a baby sitter has to travel far back and forth then the cost of the sitting services will be more. They have to account for their time and for the gas to get to your residence.
- What do you expect the baby sitter to do? You will pay less if you only want them to look after your child. If you want the babysitter do other jobs such as folding the laundry, vacuuming the family room, making all the beds in the house, you should be willing to pay for it.
- The age of your child or children, infants usually warrant a higher pay rate than older children.
- The amount of experience someone has in the area of babysitting can result in them being able to charge more for their services.
- The days you need covered will also play a role in the salary. If you need someone over the weekend or for extended hours you will be required to pay more.
The average babysitter rates
- college babysitter in a metro area: $10-12/hour
- more than two kids: $13-14/hour
- high school sitters: $10/hour
- grade school sitters: $8/hour
Remember, these are only average rates. Babysitter pay can vary anywhere from $5 per hour all the way up to $20per hour or more!
How to confirm your rate
Once you have an idea of what you’d like to pay a babysitter, there are a few quick ways you can confirm your rate to make sure it falls within a reasonable range.
The first way to confirm your rate is to ask your family members, friends, or neighbors what they are paying for their babysitters. Another great way to get an idea what is the going rate is to visit various online babysitter services, they can offer you information about the rate of pay that those individuals would want to receive for that work.
Finally, use Babysitter Rate Calculator . You enter a few quick factors about your family and sitter, and it pulls from a database of jobs to give you an average rate in your local area. Learn more how to find a babysitter,pet sitter or nanny in your area.